Saturday, May 13, 2006

Kickoff Breakfast Day!

Well I've either officially gone off the deep-end or I am just experiencing my quarter century crisis a few years late. Today I committed myself and my summer to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training program.By Labor Day weekend I will have run more miles and fundraised more dollars than I have in my whole life.


Backing up for a second... several months ago I made a job switch and suddenly found that I had a lot of free time. I saw an ad for Team in Training and thought why not? (From my days as a rower I know that I am a glutton for punishment.) As the time got closer I reexamined why I wanted to do this and came to the INON conclusion (as in it's now or never). Plus Team in Training was a cause that resonated with me because the most common childhood disease is leukemia. So as much as I am doing this for myself, I am doing in hopes that no one I know ever experiences a child with leukemia.


As the summer progresses, watch my progress here. If you'd like to donate my webpage is listed below.

http://www.active.com/donate/tntnca04/tntncaKLangbe

1 comment:

ShadowCoach said...

Kate--Shadow Coach is proud of you!! We had great weather today for Graduation Day. Having never walked in a Cap & Gown, I thought it was time for me to do so. Grandma was pleased you reached out to her to invite her to see your house. Since you had an obligation today with Eric, and Grandma is going back tomorrow, guess it will not work out this time. Grandma says if you send her a letter and let her know about your cause, she will consider contributing. Take Care...Love Dad