Monday, March 19, 2007

In the groove

Yesterday I found myself in a nice sweet spot as a runner... I ran the St Patrick's Day 8K -- as I am tapering for National 1/2 Marathon I told myself I'd run to put the miles on my legs, not for time. I even had a running partner with a slightly shorter stride and some lingering knee problems to try to take it easy. And all of you who know me well are shaking your heads and saying "Yeah right Kate..."

And you would be correct -- I went out and found myself a new personal best at 8K - I shaved a minute off my splits from the Fair Lakes 8K back in September 2006 and felt great afterwards. I did not however beat his honor Mayor Adrian Fenty. The new mayor of DC is a force to be reckoned with on the race course -- Fenty ran 6:47 splits and finished 9th in his age bracket. Not too shabby...

A fellow runner from Fall season mailed me this article about running and writing. As a tardy blogger I thought it was kind of fun.

The link between Running and Writing




No comments: