Saturday, June 10, 2006

Running the Mall

Today's run started at the Senate Parking lot, headed out to the Mall, down Constitution to 14th Street and back to the parking lot. Good news - at the water stop at the parking lot we were over half-way home so to speak. Bad news after the water and/or Gatorade it was back out to the Mall, to run the last 2 miles. I have never been so happy to see 7th Street in my life! It was not a good day for people needing bathroom breaks - they are setting up for the Folklife Festival on the Mall but all of the portables were locked! We joked that this may have accounted for a pretty quick pace on the part of some. I finished 5 miles in about 71 minutes...

I have finally acquired a watch with 2 interval timers so that I can run my recommended 3:1 ratio without needing to depend on someone else's watch. I happy to report that I managed to set it myself -- with one amusing mistake -- I didn't realize it would count down hours so my first attempted setting was 3 hours! I hit start to verify it was working and instantly saw my mistake!

No comments: