Monday, June 26, 2006

New York New York

My weekend away in New York was scheduled around the fact that Saturday's run was only 4 miles. That I figured I could run alone. But as I mentioned in my previous post, I actually got to run with TNT New York.

TNT NY gave me a greater appreciation for our tight-knit little group in DC. They have 400+ people registered for this season and three coaches. This may explain why they don't have pace groups set up -- it's just half-marathoners and beginner, intermediate and advanced marathoners. I never found the half-marathoners so I just set off on the appointed run - 5 miles from Riverside Park to Chelsea Piers and back.

The Route

After a high-five from TNT Coach Ramon at the turn-around point, some words of encouragement from marathoner Wanda, who runs in honor of her sister and a really LOUSY mile 5 I was done. (An hour and 9 minutes for those of you keeping track). A low behold just as I was missing TNT DC, bleep goes my cell phone with a text from Stro!

No comments: